Healthcare Conferences UK in association with Christopher Fincken 2013-2017 Chair of the UK Caldicott Guardian Council are pleased to announce the 6th National Caldicott Guardians Annual Conference. Following the success of our previous Caldicott Guardian Events, and feedback from our regular Caldicott Training Masterclasses, this conference aims to bring current and aspiring Caldicott Guardians together to understand current issues and the national context, and to debate and discuss key issues and areas they are facing in practice.
“In recent years the need for guardians has become ever more important. Data about people’s experiences of health and social care has huge potential for improving services and discovering more effective treatments and ways to provide care. Those benefits will not be realised without public trust. The Caldicott Guardians are a powerful force for good by making sure that organisations behave in a way that is trustworthy.” Dame Fiona Caldicott National Data Guardian January 2017
Chaired by Christopher Fincken, you will have the opportunity to focus on the key areas of developing your skills as an effective Caldicott Guardian, with hot topics, learning from experienced Caldicott Guardians, Caldicott Decision Making and understanding the legal context.
Benefits of attending
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with fellow Caldicott Guardians and those working to deliver the Caldicott Role
- Learn from fellow Caldicott Guardians about issues they are facing in practice
- Understand and reflect on what makes an excellent Caldicott Guardian
- Update your knowledge on national developments including The Caldicott Guardian and GDPR
- Understand how to manage difficult issues for Caldicott Guardians
- Develop your skills in Caldicott Decision Making using case studies in practice
- Identify key strategies for using information from health records to improve healthcare delivery and advanced medical research
- Reflect on the Caldicott Role in Safeguarding and working with police
- Understand the legal issues for Caldicott Guardians and the definition of consent under GDPR
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence